Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A few projects

Here's the purse I made about 6 weeks ago with my sister. I gave it to my friend, Noelani, when I went out to UT this last weekend for her wedding reception. At first, her husband thought it might be an apron, then he guessed that it was one of those baby carriers! I really LOVE this fabric- it's Heather Bailey's Peonies in red. I tried to make a book cover for my copy of the monstrous 900+ pages Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell but it came out wrong. So I sized it down for my antique copy of A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. I really like the way it came out. I borrowed my mom's serger and did the edges- it took me longer to thread the serger than to make the whole book cover!
More to come soon, I've started to craft almost as much as I visit fabric stores!

No comments: