Saturday, October 04, 2008

Deerfield Fair 2008

Nick and I went to the Deerfield fair last weekend. Despite the rain we had a great time. We really enjoyed yummy junk food - apple crisp, fudge, candy apples, etc. We watched the "Pig Scramble" - something I've never seen before, even though I have gone to this fair year after year. It's basically when a group of children go into a large fenced-in area with a burlap bag and have 3 minutes to catch a piglet. It was hilarious!

Anyway, one of my favorite parts is the craft exhibition. People of all ages can enter their crafty endeavors to the fair and have them judged and put on display. These are 2 of my favorite quilts:

This Hawaiin applique quilt was made my an 85 year old woman. I thought it was absolutely stunning!

This quilt was made entirely of "yo-yo's" into a patchwork design.


I have made it a goal to enter some of my projects into the fair next year.

No comments: