Thursday, January 15, 2009

Margaret Bag

I made this purse over the Christmas break, you can find the free tutorial here
I really liked making this bag and have to say I am pretty happy with the way it turned out. Th only problem is that the fabric is so light in color- I will probably use it sparingly in order to prevent it getting really dirty. I will at least wait till spring- given all these constant winter storms we've been having. The hardest thing was doing the pleats on the exterior- but it definitely adds a lot to the look of the bag.

I really liked the tutorial- it taught me some valuable things when it comes to making a purse. You can't really tell from the pictures, but this bag has some serious structure, thanks to 2 layers of interfacing and 1 layer of cotton flannel to reinforce the bag.



No comments: