Wednesday, September 02, 2015

WIP Wednesday: New and Old WIPS

Lately, my main sewing focus has been the Weekender bag.  I came to peace with my color mistakes and am pursuing this fabric/color scheme shown below.  I've been a bit bored with all of the straight line quilting but glad I am not going the route of peltex, as the pattern calls for.  Just need to make the straps and add piping before I assemble.  


I am also forcing myself to put together my DYO Sampler.  It's been on my design wall since at least January- I told myself it couldn't come down until it was put together and I've stuck to that!  I started it in May 2014.  This is my highly sophisticated diagram of how I plan to put things together.  I am also waiting (in vain?) for a chunk of time to receive help from my husband in figuring out all of the math to make this work.  Nick has had forced overtime for weeks now and our time together, especially without kids, is quite limited.


I finished cutting the squares for a king sized color dive quilt:


I've also added to my modest pile of City Weekend churn dash blocks:


Even though I am trying to focus on current projects, I couldn't help but invest in some fabric for a future project that I am really excited about: a "Swoon Sixteen Twenty" using my most favorite range of all time: Bloomsbury Gardens for Liberty Lifestyle.  My LQS issued a 31% off one item and I bought 8.5 yards of "Modern Background Paper White on Fog Pindot" by Moda.  My summer birthday money was really burning a hole in my pocket since I received it, but I think my choice was wise.  It's so easy to grab a bundle here and there that equate to completing new project after new project.  Sometimes I have to force myself to buy supplies that will work with what I already have and help me use up some of my favorites.


Linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.

2 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Sure love the black and tan fabrics. Cute design and great blocks.

Lindy said...

I've been stalking google to find photo's of anything in 'City Weekend' (I'm trying to decided if I should buy a layer cake) and I was taken to one of your older post from 2011 - love the quilt. So thought I'd click on your current posts and call me crazy - there you have more 'city weekend' - It's a sign (well that's my story). I'm in Australia, and haven't seen it before. Is it something that is still floating around in your part of the world in any shops. Would love to track down some more.
Lindy