Friday, February 12, 2016

241 Tote for Me

The most recent theme for Le-Challenge is the word "round."  It was an easy decision to make myself a 241 tote after having had so much fun making a few for gifts at Christmas.

I had fun pulling fabrics from my stash: an Echino remnant from making this bag ages ago, a scrap from making this quilt, brown bees on pink, and a Japanese Cinderella print.  


For this bag, I used a rectangle ring on just one side of the bag and I like the look much better than having a ring on both sides.


Here's a better picture of that adorable Cinderella fabric. My three year old daughter LOVES the character and it was fun to use this fabric.


Sewing the curved seams of this bag is not difficult at all.  You've just got to take it slowly and remember to clip the seam after you've sewn it.  I have been sewing curves in bags for several years now and I have found that doing so has prepared me for sewing curves in garments.  It's great when skills learned become part of one's "toolbox."

Linking up to Le Challenge, Finish it up Friday, and Scraptastic Tuesday.

8 comments:

Mary Marcotte said...

What's really good about those tools is that you really never lose them. Sure they may get a little rusty if you don't use them often, but they polish back up as soon as practice a little. lol The bag is very pretty. I like your choice of fabrics, plus you have instant entertainment for the little one if you need it. I made a bag for one of my daughters-in-law with a small stuffed toy attached with a piece of ribbon for our granddaughter--she was about a year old--she was easily entertained with trying to detach the toy.

Nicky said...

Lovely bag - fit for a princess perhaps? Great way to make links with previous makes by including scraps - I love that in my quilts. Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday!

Made by Mrs Jones x said...

Great bag. The fabrics look really good together.

Betty said...

Love that Cinderella and her coach

quirkyhannah said...

Oh what a gorgeous looking bag and Cinderella fabric?? I seem to be missing out! :D

Vera said...

Pretty! I love Echino fabrics on bags!

legato1958 said...

Beautiful! I love your fabrics!! Aren't the 241 Tote bags awesome!!
Susie

Loganstitches said...

Great bag! If you don't mind my asking, how long did it take you to sew?