Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Scraptastic Sew Together Bag


Greetings from southern New Hampshire.  Our family just wrapped up a fabulous two week vacation here.  We've gone to the beach, Plimouth Plantation, LEGOLAND, and a few other local attractions.  I am in heaven being back in New England with the opportunity to visit friends and family.  My husband returned to Colorado yesterday (darn day job) but I'm hanging back with the kids for a while longer.

I've already made my way to a few of my favorite fabric stores, my adventures there probably merit their own blog post.  Just before I left Colorado, I signed up for the "Under the Sea" swap on Instagram and being in coastal New England has already lent itself to a lot of inspiration for that project.  I did pack a small suitcase full of a few projects to work on while I am here, but as expected, sewing time and opportunity is proving to be scarce so far.  June and July will probably not be filled with much blogging especially, so please pardon my absence here.

Before I left on my trip, I sewed myself another Sew Together Bag.  I know I make these frequently, but the pattern just does not get old.  It's such a unique and useful bag.  I already have one of them to hold my sewing notions, this one is meant to carry personal essentials and I designed it to coordinate with my recent Weekender:





For the first time ever, I made a scrappy exterior instead of just using a plain piece of fabric.  It took me a while to decide how I wanted to design the outside but I finally settled on simple patchwork squares.  I also decided to go extra scrappy by using six different fabrics for the bindings and tab ends.


Thanks for reading.  I have one more pre-summer project to document, I'll be back soon!

Linking up with Scraptastic Tuesday with She Can Quilt and Mrs Sew and Sow.


2 comments:

Kathy@KayakQuilting said...

Another lovely bag! Love the bright, happy colors! Have a wonderful time in the most beautiful part of the country! (wink, wink!)

Nicky said...

That is one scrappilicious sew together bag! Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday