Sunday, January 07, 2018

One Monthly Goal: Finish the Union Jack quilt in January 2018

After participating in the Bag-It event at Elm Street Quilts, I have learned about the One Monthly Goal initiative and I am in!  I simply have to make a goal at the beginning of the month and try to accomplish it at the end of the month- and document my intentions/results.

After quilting the snails quilt, I put the Union Jack quilt right onto my longarm.  And it's been there for maybe a month?!  I am scared, I don't know what type of free motion quilting to do in the borders!  But I've got to get going on it, as there will be other things to load onto the longarm soon enough and loading a quilt onto a longarm frame is not something you want to do more than once for the same quilt.  I just need to myself that "finished is better than perfect," right?!

I haven't done well in documenting this quilt, but it's been a WIP for quite a while and finishing the quilt top a few months ago felt like a major accomplishment.  I hope to share a finished quilt at the end of the month!



Linking up to Elm Street Quilts at the January linkup.

6 comments:

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

Great UFO to make your OMG! It inspired me to look at some Union Jack patterns--my daughter is going on her semester abroad next fall to the London School of Economics and I think she will need a mini quilt to take with her. Thanks for the inspiration!

Kay said...

I like the idea of one monthly goal, it is about all I can manage! I have already completed mine for January, which was to finish a knitting bag made with EPP for my daughter as a birthday present. x

Patty said...

Looks like a wonderful quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

Sarah Fredette said...

What are you planning on quilting in the blocks? It looks like a big quilt, so maybe something on the easy side for the borders -- loops with a few stars thrown in, maybe? Or something like a square stipple would be nice in that border, especially since the fabrics are on the feminine side, contrasting it with a more geometric quilting would balance it a bit.

Good luck!!!

Jane Burkhart said...

For me quilting is a great calming hobby! I get stressful because of reviews on Smartwritingservice.com and some handy work helps me to concentrate and calm down.

SWEETIE said...

Having read this I thought it was very enlightening. I appreciate you taking the time and energy to put this informative article together. I once again find myself spending a significant amount of time both reading and commenting. But so what, it was still worth it!

야동
오피
스포츠마사지
출장마사지
바카라사이트