Tuesday, June 03, 2008

More Fabric Finds

Okay, so I know I need to stop shopping for fabric and actually make something out of it. But shopping for it is part of the whole fun of crafting. Nick and I had our second anniversary this past weekend- we celebrated by taking a quick trip up to Bar Harbor, ME. We had a rainy day that ended up helping us to discover: Marden's. A department store that buys out the stock of stores which have gone out of business. They have a HUGE fabric department that is filled with quilt shop leftovers - nothing was over $3 a yard! I was in heaven! Here are a few of my finds:

It's rather bright, but that is what appeals to me the most. I got a lot more there, but it wasn't photographing well. Later I will post the "creations" I make with it all.

Right before we left on our trip, I made a stop at my nearby Joann's. I picked out 3 things and was ready to have it cut, when the lady in front of me at the cutting table ended up taking 25 minutes! (And she didn't even end up buying ANYTHING!..... I guess I should also blame the fact that Joann's is always understaffed.) While that lady was harping about the price of some sort of upholstery foam, I found this: and this:and this:
This is not even counting the few things I had intended to buy at first. But who can live without red polka-dot whale fabric (this will have to be the theme of the first quilt I make for if and whenever I have a baby boy).....? And I almost died when I saw this Muppett fleece- I've only seen it on eBay- going for at least $15 a yard (I got it for $5, thank you very much). And I just loved this Oriental theme pack of 5 fat quarters- it might make a cute wall hanging, or maybe a patchwork purse or two...........

No comments: