Saturday, December 13, 2008

Guild related projects.....

As promised, here are some of the really cute quilt blocks I won at last month's Chelmsford Quilting guild UFO auction. Aren't they adorable? The only problem is that there are about 4 blocks missing- V, W, X, and Y. It's going to be a challenge to make my own, but I will figure it out.This weekend's project, besides working on Christmas presents, included making the next block in the block exchange. This one was CHALLENGING! I was so glad when I discovered that the person who had made the block had stuck in several "extras" of the triangle units- but despite this help, I used the seam ripper quite often. It's projects like this that remind me that I desperately need to take a quilting class because I am self-taught and could really use some real instruction. Here are the two blocks that came in the box I received.

This is my block. I am pretty happy with how it came out. Even though I am not a dog person, I absoltely love this pattern and maybe someday I can make my own for a nursery quilt sometime.
And just for old time sakes, here's some fun and very bright fabric I bought at the local quilt store, Candlelite quilts. I absolutely love it.

Less than two weeks till Christmas! Then I will finally be able to post all the many projects I have been working on for gifts for family.

2 comments:

Crochet-n-Quilt said...

I have enjoyed reading about your quilting adventures. Keep at it, you are doing fine!

And your "thrift" finds are amazing.

Dresden Lane said...

Thank you so much! I look forward to checking out your blogs...