Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Baby Stuff

Here's the portable changing pad that also has a pocket to hold wipes and diapers. I found the free tutorial here
It was REALLY easy and took me less than an hour to make. It's lined with Chenille, made out of one of Michael Miller's Tada Dot prints.
When I was dealing with a mid-summer cold several days ago, I got so bored of dumb movies- I went ahead and cut out a lot of burp cloths. I love making these- they are so cheap, easy, they use up otherwise useless pieces of batting, you don't have to worry about making them look perfect (hello! they are going to be spit up on!), and they make easy/fun gifts. I still have a lot of flannel from the Joann's day after Thanksgiving sale when it was 1.50 per yard. I will be making a lot of these hopefully.

2 comments:

emily mcd said...

Foarte bine! Seriously girl, you've got talent! A ton of babies have been born in my neighborhood lately and those burp cloths would be the perfect gift . . . I gotta bust out my sewing machine and get rollin.

Dresden Lane said...

Hi Emily- You should go ahead and make these- here's the link for the tutorial: http://homemadebyjill.blogspot.com/2008/01/burp-cloth-tutorial.html

Good luck!

Laurie