Thursday, September 24, 2009

Last post for a while.....

Hello everyone,
I figured I ought to get in one last post before the baby comes. I just attempted making one of these and failed miserably. Believe it or not, I am tired of making baby stuff, so if I have any energy available between now and when the baby comes- I think I am going to return to making purses and adult-size quilts for a while. I have no idea what to expect, but I am pretty much planning on taking a major sewing break once the baby comes but I am also optimistic that stopping work full time might afford me a little more time (eventually) to be creative- there's always nap time, right?

I finally finished all the burp cloths- 34 to be exact. I don't plan on using them all for myself (meaning for my baby of course :) - I kind of went a little overboard in making so many but I did so to use up the flannel and scrap pieces of batting I had as well as it is a good project for when I feel tired and like not taking on a big project.

3 comments:

life on the move said...

Everything looks great! hope you are feeling good. We are anxiously waiting for the phone call! Love ya lots! Julie

Natalia from Piece N Quilt said...

Hi there, I just came across your blog! I'm sad that you failed at the self binding baby blanket:( Let me know if I can be of any help to you for that!

Thanks for posting a link to our blog!

~Natalia
www.piecenquilt.blogspot.com

mmm... said...

hey laurie, thank you so much for the comment. i would love any recommendations on books. i've read a few, but looking for more. i can't wait for your baby to come. ben and i are always wondering what it is. everything looks fantastic. wish i could sew like you . . . wish i could sew! good luck! any day now.