Monday, October 05, 2009

Just Kidding

Well, the baby is late and my last day of work was Sept 30, so I have had some time and suprisingly, some extra energy to be able to do some last minute sewing projects. So I guess I was wrong when I said that I wouldn't be posting much more..... I will schedule 2 more posts after this to show what I have been up to while I wait for this baby to come!

Last Monday was the first Chelmsford quilt guild meeting of the year and they are doing the box exchange. I really want to participate again, so I hurried and gathered this collection of fabrics from my stash to include in my swap. I am really pleased with what I put together- especially considering that I tend to rely on a certain "line" or "collection" from a particular designer rather than pick and choose in combining prints.

So this is my "sample block"- a double nine patch. Pretty easy, comes out to be 13 1/2 square. I am just asking those that receive my box to make more with the different fabrics I have included. I don't think I will make it to the October meeting but I have a friend who kindly offered to bring my box as well as retrieve the box/block I will be working on.

1 comment:

melisgm said...

Very cool Laurie. I'm glad you're able to have a little fun before the baby arrives. Love the monkey quilt btw!