Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Baby Quilt

Well, this child, will not be cold this winter with all the blankets it has waiting for him or her. I forgot to take a picture of a really simple receiving blanket I made last week- just two pieces of flannel sewed together..... But anyway, here's the baby blanket that barely got quilted by the long-arm quilter. I know it might be pathetic for all you machine quilters out there to think that I paid to have this little thing long-armed, but it was so worth the $20 to not have the hassle, especially considering I have never quilted anything on my machine yet....

So I made this blanket because I wanted to have something smaller to use with the baby considering the other quilts I have made are quite large. The fabrics are all from the Sock monkey series and perfectly gender neutral in my opinion. (Which reminds me, I cannot tell you how many people were/are shocked and appalled that we chose not to find out the gender of our baby- will my child really be okay if it's room is not painted pink or blue? I think it will be just fine.) I sewed the binding on in record time, telling myself the baby cannot come until this is completed!

This pattern was EXTREMELY easy bytheway, I probably did the whole top in less than 2 hours. You can find how I did it here.


No comments: