Wednesday, October 07, 2009

New Quilt

Here's the last sewing project I did (at least as of this writing) while waiting for the baby to come. I also had this quilt long-armed and managed to make the binding as well as machine and hand sew the binding onto the quilt when I received it on Oct 1. I have to say that I am really happy with how it came out and I am mesmerized by all the colors. When I first finished the top, I was actually not really in love with it- way too busy. But the quilting, border, and even the binding and backing made it into a nice ensemble. But next time I make a big quilt like this for the bedroom, I am going to opt for something a little more subdued and less rainbow.


1 comment:

melisgm said...

The second picture is a really good picture to see the pattern of the long arm stiching... I really like it. I think it's very pretty. Great job!