Friday, February 26, 2010

Bibs and a Block

So I finally got the package sent off to Melanie- so I will be showing those things I made for the baby very soon. In the meantime, I decided to make a bunch of bibs for the kiddo. Missy kindly made a bunch for me a while ago, but I am finding that we need more now that he is slowly starting to eat solids.

Here he is this evening, showing evidence of the rice cereal.

He is exactly 20 weeks old today.... he's getting really big. I went to a quilt store recently to have my machine serviced and one of the ladies there thought that he was 8-9 months old!

I used the pattern from One Yard Wonders and made 10 bibs (one is missing from the pic.) Very easy project and I already had everything I needed on hand.


Here's a block I did for the block exchange. The block for March requires Christmas fabric- and I got rid of all of mine! Not sure what I am going to do about that.....

When I was in that quilt store I mentioned earlier, I got to try out the $8,000 Pfaff Grand Quilter. It was a dream!!!! I really want to get a machine that can quilt like that someday- not just so I could finish my quilt tops easily, but also because I think I would really enjoy the actual quilting. There was a $2,000 model there too --- maybe someday!
Anyway, I had to get my machine serviced because it was overdue for a cleaning and a tune-up. It has been sewing kind of badly lately - leaving loops on both sides of the fabric..... I hope that it works better when I get it back- in the meantime, it's really weird to not have it around. I am going to use Gregory's nap time to maybe do some low key scrapbooking or do the cutting for some future projects.....

No comments: