Thursday, February 18, 2010

What's been going on....

Life has been busy here - not just with baby but with sewing too. The problem with updating the blog is that I am making some things for a future nephew whose mother has been known to frequent the blog (wink, wink Melanie). I don't want to say too much, so lets just suffice it to say that I am having a lot of fun making some baby things and I am learning new techniques... More to come very soon!

I have also been selling some fabric on Etsy to recoup some of the money I have spent on fabric - there just isn't enough time to do it all!

Finally, a branch of a "Modern Quilt Guild" is opening in New England- the first meeting starting only about 20 mins from my house! I am SO thrilled! I can't wait- I have really wanted to make friends with people who share my interest!

More to come soon!

3 comments:

melisgm said...

Hey I'm so excited for you about the quilt guild!! That's awesome.

mmm... said...

laurie, i am so excited. last night when ben came home, i told him about your post, and said "i can't wait to have something handmade by laurie." he laughed. i seriously think you are so talented.

Dresden Lane said...

Thanks guys! I am SO excited about the guild- it may make me quit the other guild I have been doing.... Thanks for the compliment Melanie- how did it go trying to make that changing pad?