Sunday, April 18, 2010

Fabric swaps...

People in my online fabric swap group are "mad for Munki." What is Munki, you ask? Well, I had to get some education on the topic myself. A well-loved fabric designer, Heather Ross, designs adorable designs for a women's sleepwear company - Munki. Heather Ross fanatics actually buy cut up pieces of pajamas to put into their quilts and other homemade goodies. The p.j.'s are not cheap - starting at $70. You can get pieces on Etsy for between $7-$12. And rumor has it that these pajamas occasionally show up at TJ Maxx and Marshall's for $20 or under.

I am not going to get into this Munki craze, but gave in when I saw this print: For some reason, I am really drawn to fabrics that have "names" under the characters portrayed. (See a previous post ).

This picture what the above fabric really is, the back of a very large women's p.j. top.
What an interesting world we live in where people are cutting up expensive pajamas to make blankets.....
Here's another awesome swap I received - purple Echino prints. The colors are just so rich.

1 comment:

Bessiemae said...

Hey, I recognize those! :-) I just ordered myself more--I was sad without them. :-)