Saturday, April 17, 2010

Quilt Top Done!

Okay, so now I officially have 4 unfinished quilts hanging in my closet. Do I dare attempt free motion quilting on my machine? Take that long-arm quilting class? Or wait till we are independently wealthy and can afford a LAQM plus the space, so I can just do the quilting myself? This project came together pretty quickly and it was a lot of fun.







Missy, hopefully you read this soon and I can get going on your purse. I do like this combination- and these are all of the fabrics you mentioned liking. Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

melisgm said...

Laurie, you should totally try machine quilting. It's really fun and when you're done you'll feel really satisfied that you did it on your own. I would suggest practicing on a quilt that's not your favorite first, cause though it's not hard, there are little nuances in the way you do things that you'll pick up as you go. When I did it I did make a couple mistakes that I can see, but no one else has noticed them. But if I had practiced first that wouldn't have happened. So It's really fun and completely satisfying and that's my final answer. And I love the fabrics you have chosen for my purse!!! Thank you. You are amazing! I love you!