Thursday, July 12, 2012

Nemesis

I have been buried under my Jingle projects but I am finally finished and ready to complete some other projects. The Jingle items will be revealed next week, I can't wait to share them with you!

I am undergoing the scary project of moving all of my fabric and sewing supplies out of my son's room to make room for his sister. As I have been organizing and sorting my junk, I found a bunch of bee blocks from one of the first years I had joined my local traditional guild. These squares have always made me feel frustrated because out of the 7 blocks I received back - only 3 were done correctly - and I am not just talking about correct seam allowance and the basics. I mean that several people completely ignored the instructions and I had a whole lot of seam ripping to do! Well, a friend just had a baby girl and I was all set to whip something up with some Pop Garden squares I had lying around - but luckily I remembered that my friend prefers earth tones and really likes the color brown. Booya! I know she will like these fabrics and colors - so it finally felt worth it to tackle my nemesis: I am working on sashing now and will post when it is complete.

1 comment:

alidiza said...

I can't believe you left something unfinished for so long;-) It looks lovely and I'm sure your friend will be thrilled!