Monday, December 24, 2012

Pillowcases for Sandy Hook Elementary

I recently learned of a pillowcase drive for the students of Sandy Hook Elementary School.  It is a small thing to do.  I made 10 over the weekend and they will be mailed out today.  To make these pillowcases I used this method - the only difference is that my "accent strip" was three inches.  

These school shootings have been nothing short of horrific.  I was in high school when Columbine happened, in graduate school when Virginia Tech was attacked, and now I am mother of young children at the time of Sandy Hook.  I feel completely helpless and at a loss for words when I think about these tragedies. 

If you are interested in sending pillowcases to the cause - please mail them to: 

Quilter's Corner:  312 Danbury Rd. ( Rt. 7), New Milford, CT 06776

Add pictures and let them know how many you are sending here.  They are trying to have them in time for when the children return to school after Christmas break. 

No comments: