Friday, December 14, 2012

Scrappy Stocking

Last night I became obssessed with the idea of making this scrappy stocking from this tutorial by Jaceycraft.  It's part of the Holiday Craft Bash.  Originally, I was going to cut up a bunch of scraps of my leftover Jingle fabrics - but I decided using real scraps that I didn't have to cut would be quicker.  It also satisfied my desire to finally make something Christmas-ey without using strictly Christmas fabrics.

 It was an easy and quick projects - it especially helped that I had a stocking pattern already made among my supplies.  I backed the stocking in an older Marden's find.  This is going to be a gift for a friend who's deployed - she also quilts - so I plan to stuff it with some handmade goodies and maybe a quilt magazine or something. 
 I really, really love this photo I snapped of my daughter when I was feeding her this morning.  It perfectly captures her sweet spirit and I love the quilt block in the background.  It's a good representation of what my life is all about these days - the kids/family is my central focus - but the sewing thing is really unavoidable and it's a happy component to my routine.  I wish I had more time to sew, but I squeeze it in whenever I can!

2 comments:

Rosa said...

It`s super cute and your daughter is swetes with that wonderful smile!!

MalinisQuilts said...

Isn't she so adorable? Love the picture and baby is so happy :-)