Thursday, January 10, 2013

Lizzy House Rainbow Quilt Completed!

When I first discovered fun, modern fabrics - I knew I liked the fabrics by Lizzy House.   Her designs are so whimsical and especially appropriate for children - girls and boys.  I also ADORE the pearl bracelet print and I am thrilled they are now available in so many colors!  Anyway, these fabrics have been sitting for too long - I combined prints from the Red Letter Day, Castle Peeps, 1001 Peeps, Hello Pilgrim - and there are even a few Outfoxed and Lizzy Dish prints in there!
 I cut 4" x 7" rectangles from my fat quarter pieces - it is a size that creates very little waste for this type of design.  This quilt actually gave me more trouble than I would like to admit - let's just say that squaring it up may have been more of an adventure than I truly cared for.  I was working on this during a very sleep-deprived couple of weeks thanks to a baby with a cold and a preschooler who finally discovered how to climb out of his bed.
 A while ago, I picked up several yards of this castle print (on sale of course), which I used for backing and I bound the whole quilt in a Hello Pilgrim stripe.  I did a simple, hurried stipple over the whole quilt using my home machine.
I have lots of leftovers of these fabrics- not sure what to do with them but they will probably be helpful in making some baby quilts in the future. 

6 comments:

Annie said...

Laurie, such a gorgeous quilt! I love it.

MalinisQuilts said...

The quilt looks awesome! Love the stripy binding too!

emily mcd said...

Amazing Laurie. You are so stinking talented!

Alexis Deise said...

That came out so well! Love it!

Liz Jimenez said...

This is GORGEOUS. I love a rainbow, I love how well Lizzy House prints work together from different lines. And that binding is perfect!

Jen said...

This came out absolutely awesome Laurie! I can't wait to see it in person.