Wednesday, January 23, 2013

WIP Wednesday

Even though I haven't finished any of the hexagon projects I started a few years ago, I decided to start a new one using Little Apples and coordinates from my stash.  Making these rosettes is so therapeutic during this cold winter.  I especially love the 1.5" size and I don't mind basting or sewing them together.  I am going to make the quilt on the cover of Hexa-go-go- the pattern is a combination of appliqued hexagon rosettes and string blocks. 

I am also working on a monster project that I don't know if I love or hate - details to come soon.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Remember when you sewed hexagons to your pants? :O)

I miss you, buddy -- and I'm sure that whatever you're making will turn out beautifully, as always!

MalinisQuilts said...

Love these hexagon flowers. Super cute!

alidiza said...

These are sooo cute!!! I have a bunch of 1" hexies I never put together... maybe I'll get inspired;-)