Friday, January 03, 2014

Finish it up Friday: City Sampler 94-100

Thanks to a Nor'Easter named "Hercules"- our family has been home for the past few days, unwilling to go anywhere in the snow.  Our house is becoming quite clean and I am making quick progress on this WIP:


Nick and I are heading to Colorado on Sunday for a kid-less, week long house hunt.  My initial reaction to these plans was, "Wow, I am going to read a book on a plane without interruption."  I have mentioned that I have been nervous for this move but I think I can finally say that some serious excitement is settling in.  

So for my last pre-trip post, I decided to wrap up the individual posts of each block for the City Sampler QAL.  This QAL has been great for me- I don't think I would've pushed through to the end if I hadn't had some deadlines and external motivation to complete it.

 94

 95

96

 97

 98

 99

 100

Here are all of them in a nice, hefty stack:

Here's two shots of all of them on my design wall:




Now that I finally figured out how to make a mosaic, here's one of my most favorite blocks:


I can't wait to see this one done!  And I am pretty happy with the unique color scheme- although I don't think it's all that unique for me because when given the chance, I always seem to go for some combination of blue, red, and yellow.

Although it isn't technically finished, I think finishing the 100 blocks qualifies me to link up to Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it Up Friday.  Thanks for reading!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, those are beautiful.

Kathy@KayakQuilting said...

Your Tula sampler blocks are fantastic! I really love your pictures of all the blocks! The combination of colors works beautifully. Will you sash between the blocks? Have a wonderful time in Colorado (beautiful state)!

Beth said...

They look great. I lost my steam and still have a little over half to make! So pretty!

MalinisQuilts said...

Congratulations on finishing up your city sampler blocks!

Linda from Talkinglunchboxquilts.com said...

Your sampler blocks are fabulous!! I have been using a few of the blocks too, but what a difference when you do them all and put them together! Super cool!

Julie said...

These look fabulous! It totally counts! Congrats on the finish.

Kris said...

Wow that is crazy cool!

Gemini Jen NZ said...

That is a power of work! It looks fantastic so far! Well done!

Carli The Quilter said...

Tula Sampler Blocks in this quilt? You've done an lovely quilt here. I really like the whole quilt.