Friday, July 18, 2014

Finish it up Friday: Jacob's Ladder Quilt Top

My Jacob's Ladder quilt top is finally complete!  It's far from perfect but I am very happy with it. It's the first time in ages that I followed a pattern because I loved the design.  Usually I start with fabrics that I love and then I choose a pattern.  I had fun making this even though the blocks were so redundant; which is why I slowed down on blogging- all of the blocks kind of look the same and I didn't want to bore you guys.

The piano key border was a last minute decision after I couldn't find a suitable border fabric in my stash or online.  I really didn't want to go through all of the extra work of the piecing, but I am so glad I did.   



The top measures about twin size: 66 x 84.  I think I will start hand quilting it with pearl cotton in the fall, when the weather is a little cooler and I can enjoy having a quilt on my lap.


Having this done makes me feel so free!  My mind is racing with ideas of new projects to start.  There are so many more quilts to tackle, but I may force myself to focus on smaller projects for a while.  Linking up with Finish it up Friday.

10 comments:

Jenny said...

I love it laurie

Judy@Quilt Paradigm said...

So beautiful! The piano key border is wonderful, definitely worth the time :)

Carla said...

Wow. Lots and lots of piecing here. Very nice!

Amanda Jean said...

what a beautiful quilt top! there are a ton of tiny pieces in that thing....holy moly! I'm impressed! the pieced border is a lovely addition.

thanks for linking up to finish it up Friday!

Beth said...

Beautiful work. (And it looks like a lot of work).

Jennie @ Porch Swing Quilts said...

It's lovely - love the dark/light contrast you went with. And I love that there are so many versions of Jacob's Ladder quilts out there. This is a favorite.

Caitlin and Jared said...

Laurie, that is amazing!!

Gemini Jen NZ said...

Really gorgeous! Great work!

DaisyLiz said...

Oh my goodness! The piecing on this is beautiful! I agree about waiting till the fall to hand quilt - it's so hot here in NC that I felt like I'd melt when I recently machine quilted a large lap quilt. I can't imagine hand sewing now!

MalinisQuilts said...

This is just amazing. I love your pixelated version with 9-patch. Just awesome!

I have seen the other one with 4-patch. This looks even better.