Friday, January 30, 2015

Finish it up Friday: A New Project

Last night someone asked me a question every quilter dreads hearing, "Can you make this dress into a skirt?"  But that's a story for another day.

Lately I have been accomplishing a lot of swap sewing.  It's been a lot of fun.  But I can't share it yet.

I can share this start of a new project that I hope to work on at a retreat I am attending next weekend:


You all knew I was going to keep going with these Swoon blocks!  This first block was going to be a mini, but I just had so much fun with the unique color scheme, I decided to dive into my stash and see if I could make it queen sized.  Here's what I came up with:


This next week I will be doing a lot of cutting.  Coming to a retreat with all your cutting done is a great strategy, in my opinion.  You just get to sit and sew.  I am also hoping to bring a book and handwork and just enjoy the weekend without being too much of a workhorse.  We'll see how it goes.

Linking up to Finish it up Friday.  Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this- the colors and mix of prints are wonderful. I have the swoon pattern sitting in my sewing room, but no idea what I'd do with it... yet.

Scooquilt said...

These are great fabrics, and I love your block! I'm not a big Swoon fan, but your fussy-cutting really makes this one.

Beth said...

Love your fabrics color on the swoom that will make a great queen sized quilt. I agree it is great to go to retreat ready to sew! Have fun!

Sarah Fredette said...

Really, you want to make it bigger? :D This is a great color scheme - not your normal but it still reads as you. At least to me. Enjoy the retreat!!!!