Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Scraptastic Tuesday: A Few Projects in the Works

Like a lot of quilters, I have a lot of scraps.  I enjoy working with them but don't do so often enough.  Here's a few recent projects I've been working on:

Apple potholders, a pattern from the book Scrap Happy Sewing.  I love how they came out.  The insulated batting shifted a lot within the project, but that was the only trouble I had in making these:


I had the perfect backing fabric:


This is the last project I completed recently in completing the decorating of my sewing room.  The mat and frame came from a yard sale and I spray painted the mat bright pink.  The mat was originally a dark, dusty blue.  Sorry about the poor picture- it was difficult to photograph.

To fill in the letters, I simply glued scraps of my favorite sewing themed collection, Sew Yummy, to the back of the mat.


Over the weekend I started working on another scrappy project, more details (and hopefully a finish) coming later this week:


 Linking up to Scraptastic Tuesday at She Can Quilt:

Scraptastic Tuesday

7 comments:

Cathy said...

Cute hotpads!

Allison said...

These are super sweet! I'm especially heavy on my green scraps and this would make a nice dent in them. Granny Smith always were my favorite!

Greetings from Germany!

Iris said...

Talk indeed about the perfect backing fabric!

Anonymous said...

HI,really like these pot holders! Making me a bunch of them! Thanks for sharing!
msstitcher1214@gmail.com

Nicky said...

Those apples are scrumptious! Like the picture too! Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday

Tu-Na Quilts said...

Cute apple potholders!! My kitchen is decorated in apples so I need to look for the pattern or book or just wing it. Thanks for the inspiration. Karen

Stacey @slostudio said...

Love those potholders!! So adorable.