Wednesday, August 05, 2015

Pajama Softie Bears: Scrap Happy Sewing

I have been eyeing the "Pajama Softie Bear" pattern for months and finally got my hands on a copy of Kim Kruzich's Scrap Happy Sewing for my birthday.  There are lots of cute patterns in the book (today I will finish up a second project from its pages) but I would've bought the book if only for the cute bears!  My regular readers all know I love peg bears and this is right up my alley.

So I made three bears, one for each of my kids.  I really just wanted one for the baby, but of course, I ended up making one for each of my older children.  They appreciate them, which is good, because I don't really love "assembly line sewing," aka, making several of the same thing over and over.  (If I had a dollar for every time someone encouraged me to do a "craft show" or "open an Etsy shop."  I know they mean well, but no, thank you).  But I'm getting off topic.....


This pattern is cute because it has several sweet details.  My oldest son insisted I didn't add a collar, buttons, or the adorable "butt flap."  But the other two bears got the full works:


Here's my crew with their softies.  Pretty sweet shot that was made in haste, as the baby was nearly overdue for his morning nap.  Got to love my daughter and her mismatched outfit and shoes.


Linking up to Finish it up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts.

8 comments:

Margaret said...

They're adorable, and I totally agree about wishing people wouldn't assume that you want to make money doing something that you do for fun and pleasure. (although, it would be good to make money!)

Very sweet looking children too.

SuperMomNoCape said...

The bears are adorable and so are your beautiful children! The photo of them with their bears made me smile.

Annie said...

I'm another who doesn't like to make multiples of things! I'm not a factory worker! Nor do I want to make items to sell. Quilting is my hobby and I'll never turn it into a business.

Jenny said...

So cute. Yes indeed, you just couldn't make one for the baby could you - the older kids look so happy to have one too.

Sarah Fredette said...

Great picture of all of your cuties!!!! The bears are pretty cute too ;) I'm glad you found a little sewing time. :D

Elizabeth J. Neal said...

Am I the luckiest girl ever or what?! Hopefully everyone feels this way about their spouse. Anyway, I love, love, love my sewing space and am so excited to share these photos! beginner sewing machine

James Gerber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
James Gerber said...

So cute! I will have to make it for my daughter. It will be gift for her on birthday! http://www.mybesthomeespressomachine.net/