Thursday, October 15, 2015

Le Challenge Entry: Gold

Hi friends!  Just under the wire, I wanted to submit an entry for this month's Le Challenge.  The theme is: gold.  I took an easy, literal approach to the challenge by making a bow pillow with some Remix chevron gold-accented fabric that I won at a guild retreat almost two years ago.  You all know I am a big Ann Kelle fan, so this was a great prize.

I used my own Bow Pillow tutorial along with some Kona solid (Apple?) from my stash.  

I always prefer a zippered pillow back but decided to favor the time saving technique of an envelope back:

Le Challenge


Thanks to the ladies at Le Challenge for providing the inspiration to get back in my sewing room, it was getting a little dusty in there thanks to the demands of raising three small children!

Linking up to Finish it up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts.

Total stash fabric used in this post: 1.5 yard
Total stash fabric used since 1/1/15: 80.5 yards
Total stash fabric used to date:  82 yards

3 comments:

Gemini Jen NZ said...

I am loving that bow detail on the front - gives it a really Christmas feel! I think I will have to pin this one for inspiration - great job!

Unknown said...

How cute!

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Fabulous! Love that big bow and glad we helped you sneak in some sewing time :)