Monday, October 19, 2015

Purse Palooza: Children's Library Tote

I have entered the world of children's birthday parties thanks to my son's recent entry into kindergarten.  My son had his birthday party last week- a rewarding but exhausting project that explains a lot of my absence on my blog lately.  Then, this past weekend, he was invited to a party for his classmate, Hailey.

I decided to make Hailey a child sized library tote.  I have made adult sized versions previously:



I scaled it all down for the birthday gift, using some of my treasured Anne Kelle girlfriends fabric:


I am not sure if I love the dimensions of this bag- it seems a little "off."  Are the handles too long?  Too wide?  Either way, I knew a six year old would probably like it and I think she did!

Linking up to Sew Sweetness for this year's Purse Palooza and Finish it up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts.

P.S. I received some questions via a blog comment from a person named Lindy in Australia but her google account is set to "no reply" - so I cannot respond.  Please email me Lindy and I will be happy to help you out.

2 comments:

Karisma said...

What a wonderful go to present! Who doesn't need and love a library tote! Great present! I'm visiting over from the Finish it Friday link up and you have such a lovely space! Happy sewing!

Mary Marcotte said...

I love this tote! I'm a librarian, so I can't get enough book totes. It seems that everyone I know gets a book or two at Christmas, so this would be a great way to add a touch of handmade to the gift. Who wouldn't want a tote of books? Thanks for sharing!