Sunday, April 17, 2016

Finish: Heart Quilt

I have a quilt finish to share!  I made the top in January in anticipation of a baby shower and soon changed my mind about giving it away (making another quilt instead).  This top hung in my front living room for quite a while and then finally ended up alternating between the back of my chair or the ironing board in my sewing room: moving it out of my way constantly was definitely annoying!  So even though I had been considering making it bigger and adding to it (my running joke was that I would add the term "unconditional positive regard" to it and make it massive) I decided to quilt it up and finish it.


I used my walking foot and used the seam lines as a guide to do an approximate 1/4" grid with grey thread.


I used pretty, coordinating fabrics from my stash for the backing:


I knew that the Tula Pink Eden Mosaic in Magenta fabric would be perfect for binding.  I love this fabric so much!


I am thinking I will list this quilt in an Etsy shop like I've talked about opening (someday).  Alternatively, if I have a special friend have a baby girl, it will be ready.  This quilt was made from scraps and stash; I'm linking up with Scraptastic Tuesday at She Can Quilt and Finish it up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts.

6 comments:

Kathy@KayakQuilting said...

Such a lovely quilt! I love the texture from simple blocks and straight line quilting!

Kirsten said...

So beautiful - love the bright colours against the LV greys!

Nicky said...

Love all those fabrics! What a pretty little quilt. Thank you for linking up to #scraptastictuesday

Caryl @ cinnamon holiday workshop said...

wonderful quilt...thanks for sharing!

Karisma said...

What lovely colors! Beautiful top! Thank you for sharing! =)

Nicole R. Hill said...

Excellent post share with us and this blog is impresses more people to reading that blog http://123essay.org/bid4papers-com-review/