Tuesday, March 03, 2020

City Weekend Churn Dash

I'm kind of amazed at myself for completing so many long-term WIP's in 2019.  This is the last big finish of 2019 that almost proved just as difficult to photograph as to finish (for me to photograph a large quilt I need many things/people at the same time: daylight, two adults to hold the quilt, a charged camera battery, and possibly help with my kids!).  

So I started this quilt about five years ago- aiming to finally cut into my bundle of the older Moda collection City Weekend, designed by my favorite pattern designer: Liesl Gibson.  I made 64 churn dash blocks: a process that proved to be pretty boring!  I finally sashed them all together with some wide back fabric at the April 2019 FRMQG retreat I flew to CO to attend.


A local longarm quilter friend, Hannah, quilted it for me in a very pretty paisley design- I wasn't up for quilting this beast when I was 7+ months pregnant. 



I backed the quilt in this City Weekend print, I scored yargage of it ages ago for $3 a yard and finally put it to use.  I gave this quilt to my mother for Christmas.


Now to finally catch up on some 2020 quilt finishes- there are already four!

1 comment:

Ashley Gray said...

The design look pretty and fabulous. Please share the tutorial in next content. AOL mail login sign