Tuesday, April 28, 2020

The Last 2019 Finish

I almost forgot that one more quilty finish slipped into the end of 2019.  Nick was off of work during Christmas vacation for two weeks and I got this baby quilt done so fast.  It was super satisfying!

I made this quilt for a friend and neighbor whom I go to church with.  She's cousins with one of my favorite friends I met in Colorado- Leslie.  You can see the quilt I made Leslie's daughter here.  

Choosing the fabrics for this quilt was almost effortless.  I can hardly understand how I was able to choose fabrics so easily for this quilt.  Right now I am in the thick of trying to choose fabrics for new quilts and I am really struggling with getting the "right" combination of fabrics to make a pattern look great.... it's difficult sometimes!


The pattern comes from the book Growing Up Modern by Allison Harris.  I modified the pattern in the typical way I modify many patterns: I made it bigger!  The quilt measures 55" square.



I backed the quilt in a soft minky fabric- this quilt is so snuggly! 


The baby receiving this quilt was born around 4 p.m. on February 28- SO close to leap day.  His parents did not want him born on leap day, they were relieved it didn't happen- haha! 

2 comments:

Raymond M. Judge said...

Fabulous. Please share some tips. Bellsouth Email Login Page

Lilian Rees said...

We can guide you with Spectrum email. Using spectrum email has its advantages. Because It is fast and reliable, so start using Spectrum. If you don't know about the setup. Spectrum Email Login