Saturday, May 24, 2008

One-Hour Bag





I had a lot of fun making this purse. You can find the tutorial here. I am kicking myself for not looking into doing such a pattern sooner because following someone's directions, rather than trying to wing it on your own, is very easy!

I decided to spice this bag up by doing some bead work:
I just got ahold of a long beading needle, some seed beeds, and I set to work. It was fun and quite addicting.



I also learned how to make fabric covered buttons:

The process was very easy- you can get a kit to make buttons at any craft store.


Here's the inside of the bag, it has a little pocket.


This bag definitely took me longer than one hour to make, but it wasn't too time consuming. The fabric I used is from Uganda- one of the many pieces I bought while there last summer. If I had to do the whole thing over again I probably would have made the bag deeper and chose a lining that matched the outer fabric better. But overall, I am quite happy with it!

No comments: