Sunday, June 06, 2010

Bibs and a Block

Last Wednesday I just had that feeling that I needed to sew. There was no escaping it. I had lots of other things to do and was quite excited that my sister in law was flying in that afternoon- but I just HAD to sew something. I went ahead and made some bibs, using the tutorial from the Sew She Sews blog.

Here's my baby modeling the one he gets to wear. I also made another one for a very kind person I met on flickr. She found out I was looking for a particular fabric and bought it for me at her local quilt shop. I reimbursed her, of course, but I was so happy with her generosity and kindness- I wanted to make her something. She was 9 mos + pregnant, and just had a little boy- so she gets the one with the orange elephants. I don't think she reads this blog, so she will have a nice surprise at the mailbox quite soon!
The fabrics used include Teeny Tiny Zoo by Alexander Henry in chocolate, Attitude Girls dots in green, Amy Butler tangerine full moon dots, and the elephant prints are a Japanese fabric.
I have had a great time with all the family visiting these past few weeks. I was pretty excited that Melissa was able to attend a meeting of the NEMQG. We had a great time at the Arlington library with a show and tell and class on curved piecing and hexagons. I definitely learned a lot!
Here's a block I made at the meeting:
It wasn't hard at all and I really liked the result. The teacher of our class, Shelly, (also our NEMQG treasurer) was SO nice and patient with all of us and I was so impressed with her ability to run such a great class. The first time I met her was at our first meeting when she brought milk and cookies to share with everyone. Talk about welcoming!

2 comments:

Monet said...

You are so thoughtful! She is going to love the bib...adorable.

Anonymous said...

Your kind words made me smile.....so glad you enjoyed the little demo. Milk and cookies make all things right in the world!
Your little one is charming!!
XO