Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Sneaky Peaky

Please pardon the corny title, I couldn't resist.

I spent Monday morning and evening quilting the doll quilt - something I had procrastinated for a while. Though I call myself a quilter, this is only the third project I have actually quilted myself. It's intimidating to work so hard on something and then attempt to sew all over it - positioning the layers, choosing the right thread, and attempting to be methodical about it - even though the urge is great to just rush right along.

This picture is of the back of the quilt - I followed the lead of Red Pepper Quilts in this post - and I have to say it was a fun method. I organized the New England Modern Quilt Guild doll quilt swap and in the guidelines, I told people a certain size to not exceed.... But mine is kind of huge. Can someone please tell me it's okay that this thing measures 21" x 28"??!!!

2 comments:

Monet said...

HAHA--don't worry...I think mine is about 22" square. These things just happen sometimes!!

MadeByMeaghan said...

I think that big is fine! (especially if it's for me! Just kidding!) I just hope everyone's isn't huge because mine is actually rather small... It's not the size that matters though right?