Monday, July 19, 2010

Flowers and My Birthday

There are a lot of flowers popping up in our house lately...... These are the beginnings of the appliqued border on my Pop Garden quilt:
And my birthday was on Thursday - this is what happened to the cake right after I had iced it. It still tasted yummy!

This is an "action shot" - right before the pile of presents fell on top of Gregory.


I really got spoiled for my birthday and it made up for having to be on a "fabric diet." A friend recently told me that she hoped I wasn't "starving" on this diet.... I should've told her that when it comes to fabric, I could be considered "morbidly obese."
My friends and family got a lot of help when I gave them ideas for what I wanted. Especially with Nick being consummed in studying for the bar, I made it easy for him and actually ordered a lot of the presents myself. Of course, there were still a few surprises.
The collection of Tufted Tweets, does not disappoint. The colors are very bright and gorgeous and the images on the fabric are so crisp. I thought that I might not like the one with the couches, but they are all awesome.

On my birthday, Nick and I went on a little date in the morning and went to the Fabric Corner. Using my 40% off coupon, I got a yard of the Echino print you can see in the picture (the 3rd one). I hate that I have such expensive taste in fabric, but 40% off makes it very affordable. I plan to make myself a new bag.
I was really excited to receive just over 1 yd of the out-of-print chocolate Joel Dewberry woodgrain fabric. The possibilities!

All of this fabric in this next picture is Japanese and I think I could just roll around in it. It is SO soft and cute. The one on the far left is "Mary Poppins Boo" - a fabric I have been dying for! And all of the little elephants! They are so tiny and are a perfect addition to practically any project.
And finally, I convinced my sister to order some fabric for me from a recent amazing sale at fabric.com All of this yardage averaged out to $3.70 per yard! Plus free shipping! I even got several yards of Kona Cotton Snow- this will help me complete a lot of projects considering that I have A LOT of prints and hardly any neutrals.

When you order fabric online, it's almost guaranteed that you will receive at least one thing that you weren't expecting or that you didn't like. That would be this print:

It's just too large scale for me and way too baby-ish. But I am sure I will find a way to use it anyhow.
So it's okay to be spoiled once in a while, right? It seriously was an amazing birthday filled with a date with Nick, swimming with my sister and Gregory, and lots and lots of fabric. What more could anyone ask for?

2 comments:

zoesimm said...

happy late b-day!!! Looks like you received tons of cool fabric to play with.
Kelley

MadeByMeaghan said...

Happy belated birthday! I might swap you the robots for something else! I bought some of that planets fabric that you have and it's from the same line. I was thinking of using it for my nephew and the robots being so large scale might be fun for the back! Let me know and then you can go virtual shopping in my stash! haha.