Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Sewing on the 4th

Oddly enough, I had 4th of July plans on everyday except Sunday. After church, everyone needed a nap except myself (surprisingly). I happily picked through fabrics until I came up with this combination: I originally was going to just do all Nicey Jane fabrics, but it is so much more fun to do a combination from different designers.

All in one afternoon, I made these blocks, for Oh Frannsson's 9 Patch Lattice Quilt.
Here's the problem in finishing it- I do not have 3 yards of any solid for sashing or backing. I rarely buy solids and never in a very large quantity - I am too obsessed with all of the designer prints that get produced once and go out of print too fast. There is always decent plain greys, whites, blues, etc.... I may make my sister get me a "boring" (in her opinion) present for my birthday. This fabric diet is no fun but necessary.

2 comments:

inkie-mumma said...

oooo nice combo! I admire your fabric diet, I'm starting to almost get to the point where I'm thinking about it.... almost

Bessiemae said...

How about a target sheet? I read this on cluck cluck sew http://www.cluckclucksew.com/2010/06/finished-modern-meadow-quilt.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+CluckCluckSew+(Cluck+Cluck+Sew) Maybe a sheet doesn't count as buying fabric, lol?

Then again, there's always swapping...