Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween

This is what my sewing machine looked like on Friday afternoon. I am finally working on blocks for my sister's quilt. I pulled the fabrics a few months ago and could not think of a quilt design. I finally settled on a "Timeless Treasure" free pattern that had been sent to me in the mail - a very simple block style. There are over 100 blocks to make the size quilt she needs, so this isn't going to be completed too quickly! I wrote in my last post that I was going to slow down - I kind of wore myself out by making four softies, a charity quilt top, a bee block, and an entire quilt - all in about one week. Consequently, there was too much not getting done in my home and I want to maintain some sort of balance for the sake of my family and my own sanity. (Lately Gregory has been skipping some naps - so my free time has been limited anyways!) I find it difficult to not just sew whenever I have a free moment - but life's responsibilies come calling and you can only ignore a dirty floor for so long. It's always a juggling act for sure.

No comments: