Monday, November 01, 2010

Fabric Love

[Photo above is Weekends fabric by Erin McMorris - not as wonderful as Park Slope, but world's better than Wildwood.]

My SIL recently congratulated me for finally creating a sewing blog as opposed to a fabric blog. Scroll back to some of my older posts and you will soon see that most of my entries were pictures of fabric - nothing created out of them. It was laughable - but hey - I am the first one to admit that I like fabric more than sewing!

Anyway, I wanted to write about fabric I have been drooling over lately:

First, the Far, Far Away 2 roses by Heather Ross. I purchased quite a bit of FFA2 from a fabric co-op, but I neglected to get very much of the roses. I hadn't realized that while Rapunzel, Sleeping Beauty, and the Owl and Pussy Cat are adorable, the roses have a certain kind of sophistication and can definitely be used for more grownup projects. I have seen FFA1 be on sale for as low as $6 per yard, so I am sure the time will come when we can get FFA2 at clearance prices. The word is that Heather Ross is releasing a new fabric line in the spring (everyone is praying it's neither double gauze nor linen - just give us some more affordable and easier to work with cotton please!)



All Star 2 recently hit the shelves. It seems like a great collection of boy fabrics and definitely not babyish.

Finally, everyone in blogland seems to be going nuts for Innocent Crush. I particularly like the blue/purple line. But I am on the fence on ever making a quilt out of any of it - I already have a Good Folks quilt top and a small stash of her earlier collections - Bohemian and Garden Party. How many really crazy/busy AMH quilts does a girl really need?


I don't have a picture of it, but you should really check out this upcoming line from Moda: Sherbet Pips. It is incredibly adorable and especially appropriate for a little girl. It doesn't come out until April 2011.
I have been thinking lately that a lot of the "modern" fabrics I am drawn to are often kid-oriented. I can't really think of a collection that is out right now that I would use to make a blanket for say, my mom. I don't really think she would appreciate something with big bright owls or fairy tale characters. She likes modern fabrics and colors - but wouldn't appreciate a major rainbow from Remix or bees and hummingbirds like Flora and Fauna. Am I missing something out there in the market?
Fabric pictures courtesy of FabricShoppe.

1 comment:

MadeByMeaghan said...

AAAh! I love sherbet pips too! I definitely want some of that when it comes out! :)