Monday, November 29, 2010

Happenings

I whipped up Rebecca's block yesterday for our NEMQG bee. She asked for log cabin blocks that were predominantly neutral with a large, print center. My block is not a true log cabin - so I hope it's okay - Ijust thought it would be interesting to add row upon row towards the completion. I LOVE that Amy Butler print in the center bytheway - I think our whole guild is in love with "Water Bouquet in Midnight." I have finished all but 6 of my Tufted Tweets blocks - I ran out of Medium Grey again! So I have been doing a few little projects here and there until I can manage to run to my LQS for some Kona. In the meantime, I am also gearing up for another quilt I have planned in my head for a long time. My only stumbling block has been trying to find a print that will match these fabrics:

I have a TON of blue fabrics in my stash, but nothing "royal" or a really bright "primary blue." I have scores of aqua, teal, (some) navy, and sky blue - but nothing like this. I have checked out 3 stores in my area with no luck and now I am turning to my online swap group. But if you have any suggestions for a print that is like the above fabrics - please, please let me know. I only need about a 1/2 yard.


It has also come time for me to prepare packets for people to make me blocks for the NEMQG bee. I am using that little girl/Thumbelina print I purchased in Colorado a few months ago as the focus print. I am going with a plum/gray theme and have been surprised at how much of this I have in my stash. Gray is definitely all the rage this year. I am working on making a block before I sort it all out and feel confident that I like the result.
I hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend. Our festivities are continuing today as I head into Boston to see Nick get sworn in as an officially licensed attorney. The plan is to go to the Museum of Science afterwards, for Gregory's benefit, should be lots of fun!

2 comments:

Joanna said...

My first thought for the blues was that you should use a polka dot! Blue background, white dots. If that's of any help! And I agree with you on the subject of grays - definitely the rage, and I jumped on that band wagon this year! I love the way bright fabrics are highlighted with gray!

Monet said...

Um, yes, we ARE all obsessed with that fabric...haha.