Thursday, November 04, 2010

Hexagonal flowers


(I decided to sash the flowers in charcoal - a decision I was anxious about but it really does make the colors pop, no?)

(I finally bought a $3 organizational container to carry around my hexagonal supplies - definitely beats a ratty ziploc bag!)

I have 27 Grandmother's Flower Garden blocks completed - I figured out that I need to make about 72 for a queen sized quilt. I only make these when "on the go" or when I am just too tired to sit at the sewing machine but still want to make something.

When I show these to people, they often think I am crazy because it looks like a lot of work. I really don't think they are "that bad" - and people have to understand that I think it is essential to always have a sewing project that is portable. You will be amazed at what you can accomplish when you use little chunks of time here and there to make something!

1 comment:

melisgm said...

Great choice on the charcoal!