Friday, November 12, 2010

November Bee Blocks

For the NEMQG swap, Jen asked for a 12.5" block with a star. She sent lots of fabric and a "grunge" white background. I hope she likes it! (The little block on the side is a signature block). A while ago I was asked by a swappy buddy to join a bee through Flickr. It was quite a while since I had heard anything about it, so I figured it must be cancelled. But almost out of nowhere, a little package came with a few fabrics and the instructions to make a block with "bubbles" and "circles." I had a lot of fun making this block and was able to add a few of my own pieces. I also did a bit of simple emroidery.
Participating in these bees is a lot of fun so far. I don't understand how some people sign up for 10 bees at a time, but it is fun to learn something new and play with someone elses fabric!

No comments: