Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Block Party


Sorry for the repeat of a project - but this is the baby I have been working on lately. Over the weekend I managed to sew up the reamining 13 dresden plates but have only appliqued one onto a background square. This block was created by using Darlene Zimmerman's Easy Dresden ruler, a compass to create the 7" circle template, and I used Anna Maria Horner's "super circle technique" to apply the circle onto the plate/background. All 30 dresden plates are done now! It was no small task! At first, I was taking a digital picture of the layout of the fans and then sewing it together exactly as I had had it layed out. It wasn't long before I realized that I needed to do this more quickly and I just randomly chained pieced the units together in groups of five.



I am entering this block into the Block Party contest. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Monet said...

Looks great, L! Love it!

Quiltstory said...

love the heart! Thanks for linking up to our block party!