Friday, February 04, 2011

Palooza Block #4 and Quick-Change Trousers

(Psstt... Look, one of my quilts was featured on a fabric designer's blog - sweet! Mine is in the middle of the top row.)

On Thursday I was able to complete block #4 in the quilt-along and clean up my house, all during Gregory's nap (boo-hoo, "nap" in singular form - he has given up the second nap now). This block was one of the easiest ones for me and I like it especially for being able to use a large scale print. I made those quick-change trousers from Anna Maria Horner's Handmade Beginnings book.
These pants are SO fun to make: it's not the end of the world if your seam allowance is a little off, you get two "looks" per each pair of pants, it's really fun to put all of the fabric combinations together, and they do not take long at all to make.

Here's a picture of my favorite "sides" or "version" of each pair:


Here they are reversed:


And here are close-ups of each pair:





I couldn't believe how well the bird print went with the whales!





Here's a picture of how they look by my favorite "model."


Happy Sewing!

6 comments:

Joanna said...

The pants are amazing! You are such a good Mom making them! And I agree - that bird fabric really does look great with the whales. Who'd have thunk it?!!

melisgm said...

Yeah, the Wale/Bird pair is my favorite. And Gregory is soo cute!

MadeByMeaghan said...

I was wondering if one of those was yours!! You're famous! :) I love the quick change trousers. I think I'll have to make some for Patrick! Your fabric choices are impeccable as usual, and it must be so satisfying to use up big chunks from your stash!

Rigel said...

I love the pants! I just got her book from the library and I thought I would make some pants for my twins too! I'm a little intimidated now by your great choice of prints! You are super good Laurie!

life on the move said...

Love the pants and loved seeing them when you guys skyped us. Gregory is adorable and I also love the blocks you are entering in the block party! They are amazing!

Micmacker said...

The quick change trousers are great - I love your fabric combos.