Tuesday, March 01, 2011

UFO's - Another completed one!

This black/white/yellow quilt is my oldest "UFO" - I think I started it over 2.5 years ago. I finally basted it this past Saturday during our NEMQG sew-in. Basting in a big gym is awesome! So much easier than clearing out my tiled living room after my son has gone to bed. I am going to try and quilt it on my own machine - wish me luck! Thanks to Jill and Melissa for helping me get a better picture of this big quilt. It is for my sister - over the summer she chose the fabrics from my stash. I used up a TON of greens and blues - most of them purchased from various trips to Marden's. I also pieced the back from my stash- so it was a great "stash-buster."




I made her matching pillowcases too:


A funny thing about these two quilts is that if you combine their two color schemes - you get the exact color scheme of my African dresden plate quilt. I am missing my other favorite colors - red, pink, and orange!

1 comment:

life on the move said...

You are amazing! Love ya!