Sunday, September 25, 2011

Dots and Ties

This top has been done for over a week but between the weather being so rainy and overcast and never having a "helper" to hold to the quilt for a picture- that explains why I am late posting this. We went to the North Billerica commuter rail station to take these pictures yesterday. I am very happy with how the quilt is looking so far but I really can't wait to quilt and bind it!

All of the "fans" are fabrics from my stash. I had to buy a whole lot of "That's It Dot" by Michael Miller.

When my son saw this quilt coming together, he said, "That's dots and ties." I thought that was pretty clever!

I plan to return to Laurena's Longarm Quilting to finish this up ASAP.

6 comments:

Aimee said...

Awesome job, Laurie! It is beautiful! Can't wait to see it quilted!

Natalie said...

Gregory is right! :D It looks like a little boy's church ties made into flowers. :D What a cutie. It turned out lovely!

Jackie's Stitches said...

Dots and Ties is VERY clever!!! It's a beautiful quilt too and fantastic that everything but the background fabric came from stash!

alidiza said...

This is beautiful!!! Can't wait to see how you quilt it: )

Rachel said...

love the border.
did you go to the RR station bc of the title, "dots and ties," like RR ties....?
(have i been reading too much?)
i miss you!
this is beautiful!!!
tell li'l G pipes says hollah.

Anonymous said...

Well done, your quilt looks fantastic :)