Friday, September 09, 2011

Exciting News

Most people reading this already know the big news: I am pregnant. The baby is due February 27. I chose not to find out Gregory's gender and plan to do the same thing with this one. It is tempting to find out only because I could really get cracking on making lots of gender specific baby items. But I think it will be worth it to have a surprise.

Knowing that our lives will change drastically in about 5-6 months, I have been kicking the sewing time into overdrive. There is just SO much to do! After Gregory was born, I didn't really touch my machine for a good four months- I am only going to be busier with two children! In other exciting news, I am going to attend the Houston Quilt Market at the end of October. I am assisting with a modern quilting themed book that my amazing friend, Rachel, is authoring. We are still working out what my role is in helping with the book- but I am psyched to have an amazing weekend away with some great friends from the Boston Modern Quilt Guild. You have to have certain credentials to attend Quilt Market - so this was definitely a once in a lifetime opportunity that I couldn't pass up.

So as I prepare for the Market and a new baby - I need to publicly pledge to stop buying so much fabric!!! I kind of got in "vacation mode" in Louisville and allowed myself some indulgences - but I need to STOP and sew with what I have! There are so many sales lately - but I must resist :)

9 comments:

Rebecca Lynne said...

CONGRATULATIONS! As a recent mommy of 2 (currently 2 1/2 and 11 mo) I can attest that yes, you will have your hands full. But, it is the most amazing thing to see your babies interact! When my eldest gives my youngest a toy unprompted by me...or a kiss...or just chats with her... It is the best thing. And, when you do find moments to be creative it will be a peaceful break from your babes and who knows they may help. My eldest was *helping* me knit today while the baby watched her sister play with the yarn!

Jenny said...

congratulations laurie...what an exciting post! maybe you should concrete your vow of no more fabric AFTER quilt market?? all the best to you for a healthy pregnancy!

Jen said...

CONGRATS Laurie! I'm so happy for you.

Amy Friend said...

Congratulations! My oldest is a February baby. I hope you have a healthy pregnancy. Best wishes!

Aimee said...

Congrats Laurie, that is such wonderful news! And I am so jealous you're going to market!! WAHOO!

Anonymous said...

Felicidades!!! That's so exciting! And I LOVE that you're not finding out the gender!!
Erica

Rachel said...

i can't wait to meet this baby! sign me up for babysitting help in may & june! xoxoxoxoxo

Nicole @ Patchwork Duck Designs said...

Mazel Tov on the wonderful news! So exciting (and a perfect chance to make more baby-related quilt items)!

Micmacker said...

Great news! So exciting about Quilt Market...no, wait, the baby. Yeah, the baby! Seriously, what a great post. So happy for you, and can't wait to see what you start sewing for the bundle on the way. Hugs!