Saturday, October 22, 2011

A Quilt for a Special Baby

I finished this quilt top a little while ago and finally made the time to quilt and finish it this week. It is for a good friend who is having a baby girl in early December. I had her choose fabrics from my stash and I added a few. It was a little crazy not using any blue and having someone else control what fabrics would be used - but I am glad I did because she has a specific theme for her nursery. The Children at Play fabric (center of every nine patch) limited the kind of design that I could do on this quilt. But I like how it all came out.

I used another Marden's find for the back: Doll Babies by Henry Glass.

I bound the quilt with an old Alexander Henry print from my stash.

I enjoyed making this quilt - it was quick and I am proud of the good looking sashing I managed to achieve- sashing is always difficult for me!

2 comments:

Amy Friend said...

What a sweet gift! And, it's done in plenty of time.

Erin @ Billy Button Design said...

This is really lovely. Well done.