Sunday, September 09, 2012

UFO progress

I forgot to post a picture of the awesome tag I bought at Fancy Tiger Crafts in Denver.  What do you think?  Would you put these on any handmade items you gave to friends or family?
This weekend I decided to tackle a pretty old UFO.  A while ago, I had the crazy intention of making an entirely hand-pieced hexagon quilt and frame them in charcoal grey.  It wasn't long before I realized that it was very time-consuming, but I didn't hardly love the look of it.  I made myself finish 7 "flowers" and had the idea to applique it onto a large piece of fabric. 
 It would've come out neater if I had hand-sewed all of the flowers to each other and then appliqued it to the background fabric but I just didn't want to put even more time into the project.  I am happy with my results despite my initial lack of enthusiasm for the whole project.  Once this is quilted and bound, it will be a nice gift to have on hand for someone special. 
I still have quite a few completed hexagonal flowers without grey borders that I have a plans for, stay tuned!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that tag. I would totally put it on a project!!

Alexis Deise said...

I love that quilt top - the way you've placed the hexagon "flowers" is perfect.

MalinisQuilts said...

Looks beautiful!

alidiza said...

So pretty!!! I'm addicted to making hexies but not so much the sewing them together:-) I definitely need some of those tags!!!